We sat down with Swiss Post Rock band When The Light Dies and asked them a few questions and here’s what they had to say.
- How did the band form?
We started the band in 2009 or so, on the ashes of many local bands, uniting musicians coming from stoner, indus and neo-metal.
- Whats been the highlight of the bands career so far?
last year (2017) we released our very first LP and we had the honor to be a part of the Bergmal Festival.
- What festival would you love to headling in the future?
There are tons of festival we would love to play in but let’s say the Dunk! fest. or Arc Tangent…
- What bands are you digging at the moment?
If These Trees Could Talk, Ruin! Ruins!, Mono, Cult of Luna.
- What plans have you got for 2018?
A double vinyl release is definatly on the cards
- Do any of the band have any weird rituals before going on stage?
Last gig we made was a showcase in a record store, 5 min. before the start of the show we all drank a well loaded glass of absinth but this is not weird right?
- Whats the biggest inspiration as an individual and as a band?
To me is nature (I’m a big lover of it) and as a band is the kind of feeling when musicians and riffs all come together as the walls of the rehearsing room start to crack…
- Whats your favouirte venue to play and why?
At this moment, the coolest venue we played is the Dynamo in Zurich, cool venue, nice equipment, good vibrations and people, we also have a local venue called Bikini Test that is awesome.
- What album is the one album you listen to at least once a week?
Mer de Noms / A Perfect CIrcle, that record follow me since it was released in…. 2000 I guess…