- How Did The Band Form?
Well, the band did form years before I joined them. I really got to know everybody in Oathbreaker when I was playing drums in Rise And Fall and we did a month long European tour with The Secret (Italy) somewhere around 2012. Oathbreaker opened on that tour and we had a blast. We obviously knew each other a bit before that tour, but that’s where all of us really clicked.
- Whats Been The Highlight Of the Bands Career So Far?
To me, and I have the feeling it’s the same for everybody in the band, it’s how our last album Rheia has been received worldwide, and just the crazy amount of shows and tours we got to play promoting the new album. We’ve played a ton of great festivals this year and toured with a bunch of cool bands. There is no doubt, Rheia pushed Oathbreaker to a whole new level.
- Which Festival Would You Like To Headline In The Future?
I don’t really feel the need to headline any festival to be honest. I’ve been fortunate enough to have played hundreds of festivals throughout my life, with Oathbreaker as well as other bands. However, there is one festival I’m playing next year, which I’m really proud of, Inferno Festival in Norway. We’ll play there with Wiegedood. Wiegedood consists of me, Gilles and Levy, whom both also play in Oathbreaker by the way.
- Which Bands Are You Digging At The Moment?
- Whats The Plan For The Rest Of 2017?
- Do You Have Any Weird Rituals Before Going On Stage?
- Whats Been Your Biggest Inspiration As An Individual And As A Band?
- Whats Your Favourite Venue To Play And Why?
I’d say De Kreun, in Kortrijk Belgium. I rehearse there with Supergenius, another band I drum in. We played such great shows there with Oathbreaker, Wiegedood and Supergenius. The release show of the last Supergenius record was recorded there as well and it’s available on our bandcamp since today, check it out!
- What album is the one album you listen to at least once a week?
Check out the list of 22 albums I made the other day! A couple of those are spinning in my ears very regularly.